Forget fancy appetizers! This simple, five-ingredient dish is always a crowdpleaser. There are a million different names for this dish, so I definitely can’t take credit for it, but I thought I’d pass it along!
Utensils required: pie plate, oven, oven mitts, can opener
- 1 package of shredded Mexican cheese (the small size — less than two cups — is perfect)
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 can of Hormel no-bean chili
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
Time commitment: 10-15 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, please.
2. Create a smooth, even layer of cream cheese along the bottom of the pie plate. You may have to use a spoon to mash the cream cheese out of its block form.
3. Next, open the can of chili and pour it over the cream cheese. Then, pour the salsa over the chili, creating layers of flavor.
4. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese before putting it in the oven for 5-8 minutes (just long enough for the cheese on top to melt).