Sometimes you want pizza. But then you also want something heartier, like a good, ol’ fashioned pasta. This dish lets your warring tastebuds come together in cheesy harmony. (Yeah, I went there.)
Utensils required: ladle, saucepan with lid, stove, pot, colander
- 1 bag of frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 can of tomato sauce (your choice)
- 1 bag of mini pepperoni slices (or full-sized, but I like the minis better)
- 1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
Time commitment: 20-25 minutes
1. Pour the frozen ravioli into a pot, and add in enough water to cover the ravioli (the pot should be two-thirds full or less, otherwise the water will bubble over). Place the pot on the stove, turning the burner on to medium heat.
2. Cook the ravioli until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t clump together and stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Once the ravioli is thoroughly cooked, drain out all of the water. Then, pour the tomato sauce into a saucepan, along with the pepperoni. You can toss in as much — or as little — as you’d like.
4. Next, bring the sauce to a boil on medium heat. Once it’s bubbling, turn the burner off and gently add in the ravioli.
5. Now, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Then cover the saucepan with the lid and let the dish’s heat melt the cheese.
Now it’s ready to eat!